Book an appointment
Call us at:
+61(03) 70146424

Spouse Visa

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Subclass 820 , 801

  • What is the difference between 309 and 801 visa?

    You can apply for a Partner Temporary Visa (Subclass 820) or a Permanent Visa while in Australia (subclass 801). Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 309) and Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 599) for those living outside of Australia (Subclass 100).

  • How long does it take to go from 820 to 801 visa?

    In most situations, the permanent visa cannot be issued until two years after the application was submitted. In other words, the typical processing time for a Subclass 801 visa after submitting a Subclass 820 application is two years.

  • How long after 801 can you apply for citizenship?

    You can apply for Australian citizenship after 4 years with the permanent visa 801, which is good for 5 years. Even if your fiancé or spouse is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand, that does not give you the right to live in Australia permanently.

  • How long is 820 visa valid for?

    A Partner visa (subclass 820) is a short-term visa for partners. It will be valid from the date it was issued until a final determination is made on your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). Subclass 801 Partner visas are permanent visas that can be renewed indefinitely. The term will begin on the date of issuance.

Partner or Spouse Visa Subclass 820/801 and Subclass 309/100

“Love recognizes no barriers and no borders”.
If you have developed a relationship with someone who is overseas or fall in love while your loved ones visited you in Australia?
That is amazing. Beautiful things happen in life and your partner is the most lovable and important person in your life. If you want to bring your partner in Australia. It requires substantial amount of arrangement to live in the same country together.
Australian Migration Regulation 1994 offers different visa subclasses for partners. Here is a detailed list of all the Partner and Spouse Visas that are available to migrants either onshore and/or offshore.

Visa Class UF – Partner (Provisional) – Visa Subclass 309

This visa subclass is designed for Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens, who recently got married or are in de facto relationship and their partners are offshore. Applicant must be outside of Australia at the time of grant. Applicant will hold this visa until the decision is made on Visa Subclass 100.

Visa Class BC – Partner (Migrant) – Visa Subclass 100

Visa Subclass 100 is lodged at the same time as Visa Subclass 309, but both applicants need to prove the continuous two years genuine relationship to the department before the Partner (Migrant) Visa subclass 100 is granted. Applicant can be in or outside Australia at the time of visa grant. This visa will allow the holder to enter and live in Australia for the period of 5 years.

Visa Class UK – Partner (Temporary) – Visa Subclass 820

Visa Subclass 820 is designed for the applicants who are in Australia and not overseas. Let’s say, if you get married to Australian Residence or Citizen and both applicants are in Australia, then you will be seeking to apply Visa Subclass 820.

Visa Class BS – Partner (Residence) – Visa Subclass 801

Visa Subclass 820 is lodged at the same time as Visa Subclass 820, but both applicants need to prove the continuous two years genuine relationship to the department before the Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100 is granted. Applicant must be in Australia at the time of visa grant.

Visa Class TO – Prospective Marriage (Temporary) – Visa Subclass 300

If you are an Australian Residence or Citizen and happened to fall in love with overseas visitor or while travelling overseas. You may bring your fiancée to Australia on Marriage Prospective Visa Subclass 300 and get married in Australia within specific time period mention in the Migration Regulation 1994.
Australian Migration Act is complicated, and it is a daunting task to find the highly professional and proficient registered MARA Agent who can assist you with the Partner Visa Application. AEC GLOBAL stands apart from other consultants when dealing with Partner Visa Application. So, if you have fallen in love with someone who is overseas, or you want to bring your wife and children to Australia – Book an appointment with us.

Disclaimer: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Book Consultation With Registered Migration Agent