Skilled Nominated Visa – Subclass 190
190 Visa is a permanent skilled visa and applicant requires the state nomination. To be eligible for Subclass 190, you must be nominated by a State/Territory Government. It is a point-based visa and allow skilled worker to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. EOI must be lodged through Skill Select.
Who can apply?
To apply this visa, you must be:
- Under the age of 45
- Must have lodged EOI and received an invitation to apply for the visa
- Must either hold a substantive visa or Bridging visa A,B and C
- Must have competent English
- Nominated occupation must be in MLTSSL or STSOL List
- Must have a positive skill assessment for the nominated occupation
- Must pass the point test - 65 Points
- Must meet health and character requirements
Main applicant points will be calculated based on the following:
- Australian study requirements
- English language ability
- Marital status
- Partner’s English Ability and skills etc.
(Contact our MARA Agent for your preliminary assessment and to check how many points you have accrued so far)
Duration of stay
- This visa is granted for 5 Years
- Primary applicant fee - $4045
- Secondary applicant over 18 - $2025
- Additional applicant under 18 - $1010
Application Processing Time
Visa processing time is from 10 to 12 months (COVID-19 Pandemic may impact the processing time)
To be eligible for 190 Visa, applicant must be nominated by a State/Territory and the nomination must be still valid at the time of 190 visa application lodgment. Applicant will need to meet the criteria for the specific state. Every state has different requirements to be met for subclass 190. For an example, Victoria may prefer the applicant with the following condition:
Applicant’s nominated occupation should also be in the state occupation list
How applicant’s qualification, occupation and skills are suitable and transferable for the Victoria state labour market.
Currently, state is only prioritizing the application which can contribute to COVID-19 response and help the state to recover the state economy.
We encourage all the applicants to check the specific state’s website for the updated and current requirements. You can also give us a call and book an appointment.
- IELTS - You must have Minimum of 6 score in each and IELTS test must not be more than 3 years old
- PTE – You must have minimum of 50 score in each and PTE test must not be more than 3 years old
What rights will you have
- Full time work rights
- Full study rights
- Unlimited travel rights
Note: It is a permanent visa
You can be in or outside Australia at the time of EOI lodgment. You can apply subclass 190 visa withing In or Outside Australia. If you lodge the visa from within Australia, you will need to hold either a Substantive Visa or Bridging Visa A, B or C. If you lodge the Skilled Nominated visa from withing Australia, you will automatically get Bridging Visa to remain in Australian while your visa application is being processed the immigration department.
To check your eligibility, and the different state requirements, you can book an appointment with your highly experience MARA Agent.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.