Prospective Marriage Visa – Subclass 300
Have you fallen in love with someone while travelling overseas? You can bring your fiancé to Australia under this visa subclass. If you have personally met your fiancé and you have genuine intention to marry, then you may be eligible to apply for Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for 9 months from date of grant of visa, work and study at your own expenses.
Once your fiancé is here in Australia, you must marry her before the Prospective marriage visa expires and apply for Onshore Partner Visa Subclasses 820/801.
Who Can Apply?
You will be eligible to apply for this visa if you:
- Have the genuine intention to marry your fiancé
- Have physically met her/him
- Be sponsored
- Have met the character and health requirement provisions
- Have turned 18 at least
Prospective marriage visa is designed for the fiancé of Australian Citizen, Permanent Residents, and eligible New Zealand citizen to travel to Australia so that they can marry their fiancé.
Duration of Stay
This visa is granted for 9 months only and you must get married within that period, and then you can apply for the Onshore Partner Visa Subclass 820/801.
- Primary applicant fee - $7715
- Secondary applicant over 18 - $3860
- Additional applicant under 18 - $1935
Application Processing Time
Visa processing time is from 14 – 21 months
- You and your fiancé must turn over 18 and must not be closely related
- You both must be free to marry each other
- You both must have genuine intention to marry each other within 9 months of the grant of subclass 300, you can plan the venue for the marriage either in Australia or overseas, it won’t make any difference
- You both must have physically met each other
- You both must have genuine intention to live together as a married couple and have commitment in your relation
- Sponsor (prospective spouse) must be Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen, or eligible New Zealand Citizen.
- Sponsor must not have sponsored more than one fiancé, partner, or spouse to Australia for immigration purposes. Sponsor must have also sponsored another fiancé, partner, or spouse in last five years. (Exceptions may apply for compelling and compassionate ground)
- Sponsor must also supply AFP police check to the department if requested.
- Sponsor must also provide information to the department if there is any conviction to the applicant you are sponsoring.
- If the sponsor has any of the convictions for the relevant offences mentioned below, then sponsorship will not be approved:
Breaching a protection order
Registered Migration Agent can lodge the application on your behalf to the department. The sponsor must meet required criterion which is mentioned above. You will also need to meet the health and character requirements.
If the sponsorship is approved and you meet the health and character check, the visa will be granted for 9 months.
Next Step – Lodging Partner Visa
Once you have arrived in Australia and have married your fiancé. You will be eligible to lodge partner visa, but the department wants to see that:
- You both are in genuine and strong relation and your relationship is continuous
- You both live together
Upon satisfying the requirement, you will be granted an onshore temporary partner visa which will allow you to live, work and travel for two years. Once the two years are completed, you can then apply for permanent Partner visa. The department would want to see that your relationship is genuine and continuing before the permanent Partner visa is granted.
What rights will you have
- Unlimited travel
You must be outside Australia at the time of visa lodgment and visa grant
If you require any further information or need assistance with your application,
book a consultation with AEC Global today. Our highly experience registered MARA Agent will provide you up to date immigration assistance.
If you require any further information or need assistance with your application, book a consultation with AEC Global today. Our highly experience registered MARA Agent will provide you up to date immigration assistance.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.