Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa – Subclass 476
If you are recently graduated with engineering stream from a specified educational institute* and want to gain experience in the same industry in Australia, Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa – Subclass 476 is the right visa Subclass for you. Visa 476 will serve you with great opportunities to get world-class experience for up to 18 months in Australia.
Who Can Apply?
To apply this visa, you must be:
- Under the age of 31
- In last two years, completed a degree in engineering from a specified educational institute*
- Have not ever held subclass 485 or 476 before
- You must meet health, & character requirements
Duration of stay
- This visa is usually granted for 18 months
- Primary applicant fee - $405
- Secondary applicant over 18 - $200
- Additional applicant under 18 - $100
Application Processing Time
- processing time is from 16 to 18 months
Within last two years, you must have completed any of the following qualifications:
- bachelor’s degree
- master’s degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma
You must have done majors or specialization in the engineering subject i.e.
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- structural engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering
Is your institute is recognized?
You must complete your qualification from a specified educational institution. Any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a specified institution.
If you studied at an institution or college that is only affiliated with a Washington Accord specified institution, you would not satisfy this requirement.
Other recognized institutions
Your qualification can also be from the following institutes:
Argentina: Catholic University of Argentina
Federal University of Minas Gerais
Universidad Catolica del Norte Catholic University of Chile—Antofagasta
University of Chile:
University of Concepcion
Finland: HUT, Helsinki
- RWTH, Aachen
- Technical University of Berlin
- Technical University of Clausthal
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- University of Hannover
Hungary:University of Miskolc
- Anna University—Chennai
- Baranas Hindu University—Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Science—Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian School of Mines—Dhanbad
- Amir Kabir University of Technology
- University of Tehran
People’s Republic of China:
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Petroleum University
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
- China University of Mining and Technology—Beijing
- Guangzhou University
- Shanghai University of Engineering Science
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Science and Technology—Beijing
Philippines: University of the Philippines
Poland: Wroclaw University of Technology
Slovakia: TU Kosice
Sweden: Lulea University of Technology
Tanzania: University of Dar es Salaam
PTE – You must have overall score 50 with no less than 36 in each 4 parts or equivalent
IELTS - You must have overall score at least 6 with no less 5 in each 4 parts or equivalent
What rights will you have
Full time work rights
Unlimited travel rights
- You can be in or outside Australia at the time of visa lodgment, you must be outside Australia at the time of grant. However, a New Zealand citizen of subclass 444 holder can be in or outside Australia.
- After completing two years of work experience in Australia, you may be eligible for another visa subclass.
This visa allows multiple entries in and outside of Australia while the visa is valid; however, the time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.
If you have the right qualification and need more information to prepare your application or have any question regarding 476 visa subclasses, please
contact our registered Migration Agents at AEC Global.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.